My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

1.31.2006

Lindsay Lou

I spent a little time this morning before work talking with Linds. We got to talking about how bad we've been at communicating and keep each other abreast of our current woes and lunacy.

It's strange in that we used to take such advantage of each other when we lived together. Had that right there, and took it for granted. It was great to have someone at arms reach that you could say anything to, and they'd tell it like it was.

Then with my move to Philly and her move to England, it went to the complete opposite extreme. We suddenly found that it wasn't there anymore, and had to rely on ourselves. With that, I know that I began to internalize a lot of things, so much so that I wasn't aware of until just recently. Somewhere in there, the communication was lost.

Sure we would be there for the big things like our respective grandparents' deaths, and things like that. But we weren't there more consistently to deal with the craziness of our everyday lives, and that's really the biggest thing.

So we are going to try to meet in the middle somewhere. And it's not just Linds. I see the same thing with Tawna, Mira, Darrell, Sarah, etc. I talked to Tawna last night for about half an hour. We played catch up, but a lot of it was about nothing in particular. I miss that. Why haven't I kept that up? I don't know. Well, I'm going to fix it.

Aye, there's the rub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home