My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

1.26.2006

Excursive ramblings

I went to the Rehearsal Jam on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun. When I showed up, there were three people, Rick wasn't there and I was thinking it was going to be a lame turnout. In actuality, it was quite the opposite, as I never fail to be amazed at the procrastination and tardiness of my fellow improvisers. It's a bit odd I suppose that I continue to be 20-30 minutes early to everything that most others are 20-30 minutes late to. Add that up over time, and I've probably wasted a year. But that's my problem.

So the Jam went well, and we had a good turnout. It's also turning out to be a great opportunity for newbies to introduce themselves to a nice majority of the community. For example, last time we met Tommy, a recent transplant from San Francisco, who was with BATS out there. Then the other night I met Patti, who is also coincidentally a transplant from SF but also lived in Minnesota (she was with Drunk Baby Collective) and spent some time in Leeds, UK. She is a chemist and that is extremely cool, because she bring a lot of intelligence to her improv. She's worked with Shaun Landry, Keith Johnstone & Joe Bill. Nice.

Yesterday was quite the busy day. I had a follow up with Dr. Goldstein on my pilonidal. Apparently I am golden, and scheduled another follow up for three months from now. I got back just in time for another *lovely* publication meeting. After work I headed over to see Dr. Gordon. I still don't know what to make of her yet, but therapy seems to be therapeutic... so I guess that's doing the job, right?

Then came auditions. It was a good time. We had some great exercises in there that really helped the people show what we were looking for. We played some warm up intros, Rooms word association, etc. After that we went into Rant Monologues, which I love. That is going to be the opening for our format, and just from auditions last night it looks like it's going to work perfectly into what we are doing. Then we went into some scene work, which included Mime Construction, I - You - We - Because, Anti-Environment, & Hidden Condition. Some of the later ones were very telling. So it went really well, but we didn't have nearly the turnout we were hoping for. Perhaps tonight, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home