My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

12.25.2006

willow trees

Among the winds and the willow trees
Lives an ancient spirit with a faraway heart
Her tears weep gentle songs
And her lyrics caress the cool evening breeze

Sadness imprisons her in this forest green
For in times now long crushed and forgotten
She planted seeds of love with quiet care
Only later to harvest regrets
Betrayal
Misfortune did she

During a spring rainfall
Her fragrant scent danced in the reflections in my eyes
The thickets and timbers implored me
Break the chains of misgivings surrounding her soul!
But I fell down
Shrouded in aphasia
For only the angels can set her free

So every night, I do what I can for the ancient spirit
I visit her and listen to the songs of her tears

Among the winds and the willow trees

1 Comments:

Blogger t. l. said...

beautiful words and sentiments...

please don't ever stop writing, my dearest matt. we're always listening.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home