My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

12.07.2006

the dan band

Last night I went to the TLA on South Street to see the Dan Band. Some may know them from the movie Old School... in the beginning of the movie they were the band at the wedding that played a rather suggestive version of Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart.

I was introduced to them about two years ago by Larry when we went to see them at the House of Blues in Atlantic City. There is the lead singer, Dan Finnerty who dresses like a mechanic. Then his two backup singers (his straight men) dressed in suits with glasses and slicked hair. They sing all female cover songs. You might know them from their Bravo special a little while back.





Last night's show started with an ABBA medley that included Fernando / Waterloo / Dancing Queen. They continued on with songs like Nasty Boys, Shoop / Whatta Man / Never Gonna Get It / Push It, Say My Name, Genie In A Bottle / No Scrubs / Slave 4 U, Free Your Mind / I Am Woman, Milkshake, Tyrone / No More Drama, Hold On / Luka, Flashdance / Fame, and of course Total Eclipse Of The Heart

It was a great show last night. Live is the only way to really appreciate them.

1 Comments:

Blogger t. l. said...

there was a showing of the dan band down here last month, that i missed due to the complications of graduate school. durn thing. keeps making me miss out on all the fun.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home