My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

12.04.2006

on far away friends

My trip to England was simply amazing. I will be sure to recap in another post. But for now, it will serve as the initial setting for something else that is on my mind... friends.

You see, as much as I love - absolutely love visiting Lindsay... I also hate it. I hate it because when I leave, I feel that void. It reminds me how great it was when I could see her anytime and how I don't have her around now like that. And her husband, James. Just wonderful and who I enjoy more and more as I get to know him better.

Things change... I know this. But it doesn't make it easier. Lindsay and James on the other side of the ocean. Tawna was in Alaska and now is in friggin Thailand. Darrell across the country out in Oregon. And now it looks like Jon is stepping up plans for the Windy City. Could my friends be any further away?

It's almost like the people I make strong connections with end up being the furthest away. Is that a test of those connections? The strongest is meant to bare the greatest stress...

I don't need a test. I need a net.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are most fortunate to have so many dear friends. As the old saying goes, we are lucky if we have one. Closeness always brings joy as well as heartache to us, but it is worth the price. I know you sometimes miss them terribly and wish you did have a net, but when you look closely, you will find that net in your heart.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home