My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

4.16.2006

He is risen; I am knackered

Here I am at the end of a long weekend. We had off on Friday from work for Good Friday, which was a nice little perk. Friday I went into the city and took a look at my new place. Dave from the property management company said that the crew would be all done on Thursday, and the cleaning lady was supposedly going to be out of there by early Friday morning. This was not the case.

When I went over Friday afternoon, there were still remnants of the construction all over the place. Paint cans on the kitchen counter and in the coat closet. No doors on the bedroom closet. No shelves in the pantry. Paint splatters on the kitchen linoleum. The patch job they did on the kitchen floor left a bit to be desired.

Leah came over, looked at the place and we went up to University City to look at a bedroom set. In whole, it was too much for the place. A matching bed, dresser, bookcase, bureau and desk. I talked to the girl, and she is going to sell me the bed, dresser and bookcase. I am excited to get them.

That night I went out with Jon, Diane and George (one of Diane's friends from the Northwester Alumni Assoc) who now lives in Brooklyn. We went out to Devil's Alley for dinner and then I took them to look at the new place. What do I discover? In the four hours since I'd been there... they managed to come in and put sealant on the floors.

Anyone who knows about sealant knows that they've made the place uninhabitable until it dries. But wait... they weren't done. Saturday (my move in day), another coat. I go back this morning, another coat. Grrrr. I need to call the property manager in the morning.

I went to Patti and Peter's today for brunch. Very nice time. We all sat out on their front porch for hours, just talking about random stuff and swapping stories.

Came home and worked in the yard for a little bit. Now just waiting for laundry to finish before I go to bed. It needs to hurry up... so tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home