My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

6.15.2007

michelle and her manly movie musicals

If you haven't has a chance to check out the Best Week Ever blog, make sure you do. There's some great stuff over there. They have three writers commenting on the state and news of pop culture. Out of them, far and away my favorite is Michelle Collins. Every once and awhile you can catch her on VH1's Best Week Ever, but on the site you can enjoy her stuff all the time.


The whole reason for this post is that I was reading a list she put together of the 12 Manliest Movie Musical Performances Ever. Number nine on her list was Gene Kelly in An American in Paris. This little bit is exactly why I love her comedy...

"Gene is tiny, muscular, light on his feet, and almost always seen sporting a soft calf leather Capezio dance shoe. And you know what? We dig it. Cause Kelly doesn’t have anything to prove, other than that he’ll happily pas de deux your ass to the bedroom and make vaginal love to you all night long."


If you ever see her on a bill in NYC (like the Ball and Chain benefit this last Tuesday), you must go. Brilliant comedienne.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger t. l. said...

you know, matt, this doesn't change the fact that you always missed the poll...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Improvocateur said...

I still contend that the girth of the pole was the issue on that occasion and under standard pole circumstances not only is my Gene Kelly impression is spot on, but my pole twirling in general is exemplary and of commendable merit.

11:48 AM  
Blogger t. l. said...

if i do remember correctly, multiple poles came into play, and each one, hit-and-miss.

your hands must have been wet from previous activities.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home