My prose; Your profit

A place for me to shamelessly promote myself and my random thoughts, and for you to perhaps discover a little piece of yourself in the process.

3.12.2007

a picture is worth a thousand words


Here is a lovely series of pictures of little Suri Cruise. The site where they are posted, POPSUGAR, comments:
"Suri looks like such a little person - it's so cute!"


Huh? Of course she's a little person. Does this come as some sort of surprise to you? What I think is more interesting is how the picture stinks with symbolic forshadowing of the life this little girl will lead. That because of the beliefs of her parents, the world will always be on the other side of a fence that, while basically trasparent, is still containing. Now I could care less if the public knew anything about her... I think this obsession we have with celebrity is ridiculous, even more so with the once-removed segment; family of celebrities. I just think it's an interesting visual commentary for the little person on the other side of that fence.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home